There is so much noise in today’s market that it makes it difficult to attract the attention of a headhunter. The most essential thing you need to do is stand out. Are you struggling in connecting with the right recruiters to land your dream job? The job search has evolved nowadays—especially in the way recruiters screen candidates. Assert yourself in a competitive market and attract recruiter’s attention with these helpful notes.
What are the ways to attract these headhunters?
Optimize your LinkedIn Profile
LinkedIn is the world’s largest and most active professional networking platform, with over 800 million users which makes it as a powerful tool in establishing yourself in the professional industry.
- Remember to complete your profile.
- Upload your most recent resume, short and succinct.
- A professional head shot profile picture can help to strengthen your resume.
- Connect with professionals in similar industries and be an active contributor
- Writing an article about your industry and what contributions you have done.
- Set your LinkedIn profile to the right status (open for job opportunities/etc).
Developing your online personal brand
Your own personal brand is made up of the traits and stories that define you in the public eye, which allows you to showcase your skills, professional experience, education, and also your personality. Consider actively building a website or blog for this, and it will open up incredible new opportunities for you. This is an important step because before generating a selection of candidates for interviews, headhunters and executive search firms look for information about possible job applicants.
Networking is crucial
Investing in professional relationships can pay you back throughout the course of your career. It is essential because it is about establishing and nurturing mutually beneficial relationships with the people that will foster your career development. Attending industry conferences may be one of the outlets to meet these kind of people. Remember to bring along your name card to hand out to potential head hunters
Get noticed when you are doing your job well
Market yourself by showcasing your work and achievements online. Build your social media presence by sharing relevant content in your industry, joining groups, and interacting with members of those groups. Headhunters and executive search firms want to shortlist the best job candidates in the industry for their clients.
- To increase your chances of getting noticed, you will have to be seen performing well in your job. You can also display your portfolio online for headhunters to view.
- Build a reputation with your employers, and get noticed with various projects to build a good name for yourself. Don’t burn bridges. Keep in touch with previous clients you’ve interacted with.
Why choose Supreme HR to help you in your career journey?
With Supreme HR Advisory, the team will be able to support you in your career discovery journey. Assistance and advice is provided throughout your job search preparation and employment.
Contact us to find out more!